A cute bow headband in a superbulky luxury yarn. This headband knits up incredibly speedily, perfect for a last minute gift.
Yarn : Debbie Bliss Como, one 50g ball ( = 42 metres) .
Needles : 10mm / US 15 needles.
Gauge: 10 sts = 4'' in stocking stitch.
Size: To fit an average adult head. It's 18'' around but stretches to be approx 22'' around.
k = knit
p = purl
CO = cast on
- Pimke added Superchunky Glam Headband to Strickmuster 12 Feb 16:43
- C B. added Superchunky Glam Headband to Things to try 25 Mar 23:00
- Mia added Superchunky Glam Headband to To Do 06 Nov 14:45
- Mia favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 06 Nov 14:45
- linds m. favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 21 Sep 17:15
- brooke.d.kaminski added Superchunky Glam Headband to want to try 07 Aug 16:49
- dezarae.hurtado favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 22 Jun 20:50
- isabel o. favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 18 Jun 18:48
- Pelagaki E. favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 17 Jun 11:28
- ale_corason favorited Superchunky Glam Headband 17 Jun 04:48
First make the headband:
Cast on 11 stitches. Work every row the same:
*k1 p1* to last stitch, k1.
Keep going until your headband is around 18'' long. Bind off and sew the short sides together to make a loop.
Now make the "knot" part for the front:
Cast on 7 stitches. Again, work every row the same:
*k1 p1 * to last stitch, k1.
Keep going until the "knot" is 5'' long.
Now comes the (slightly) trick bit. Wrap the 5'' "knot" around the headband (preferably covering the headband seam) and sew its shorter ends together.
Weave in any loose ends.