A quick and easy diy air freshener recipe that takes just minutes to make, and does an awesome job!
The power of baking soda and essential oils at work! I make these up all the time... they really do distribute the scent nicely, much better than store bought! Plus, as I said in the title, SUPER EASY to make!
- Lex favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 10 May 17:37
- Amy C. added Super Easy Air Freshener to wanna 31 Oct 19:37
- nina.b added Super Easy Air Freshener to Will try 12 Mar 11:59
- Sophie R. favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 26 Oct 16:53
- Elizabeth T. added Super Easy Air Freshener to For Future Reference 08 Jan 01:24
- Jenna C. added Super Easy Air Freshener to Home 02 Dec 03:09
- ellie j. favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 11 Aug 21:44
- Alissa B. favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 31 Jul 09:31
- SilverSnake S. favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 10 Jul 19:56
- Valerie R. favorited Super Easy Air Freshener 01 Jul 15:57
I chose a mini-mason jar for my container and just put about a 1/3 cup of baking soda in. Then I slowly added 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil, stirred it up a bit, then dropped 10 drops of Orange Essential Oil into the baking soda and stirred again. You want to drip in different spots, then break up any clumps if you can. (Not a big deal!)
To make it look pretty I cut a piece of sheer fabric and put it over the top. That way the scent gets through, but my critters can't! All you have to do is shake it up a little every few days to keep the scent going, and when it loses the scent, in about a month or so, just dump it out and make a fresh batch!