A gift for my mumma on Mothers Day :D
This can be a quick gift or even a little self indulgence that has that 'home-made' feel to it!!! gotta make 'em feel special ;)
This also includes the instructions for the label...if your interested
-1st make sure your hands are clean
-Then get about a lump the size of a large table spoon in the middle of your palm
-Scrub this through your fingers like it's soap for about a min
-Wash off and towel dry
Don't they feel soft!?! :)
- Alecia B. favorited Sugar Hand Scrub 20 Jun 12:28
- Maxine M. added Sugar Hand Scrub to To-make list 04 Apr 22:43
- stephanie.goodsell.54 added Sugar Hand Scrub to Clothing 04 Feb 17:26
- keely.mikulenka added Sugar Hand Scrub to Homemade Beauty Products 12 Jan 11:29
- Svetlana C. favorited Sugar Hand Scrub 11 Jan 18:20
- J.N. Cahill added Sugar Hand Scrub to Home Remedies 25 Jul 02:54
- Hannah A. added Sugar Hand Scrub to beauty 17 Jul 18:16
- Valerie R. favorited Sugar Hand Scrub 25 Jun 15:56
- tiffany.robinson.900 favorited Sugar Hand Scrub 27 May 23:06
- Diana R. favorited Sugar Hand Scrub 25 May 12:37
The amount of sugar and oil you use depend on how much of it you want. I made about a cup and a half's worth.
Mix equal parts brown and white sugar until combined in a small bowl.
I did this in quarter cup increments until I got the right amout to just fill my glass jar.
Add olive oil until you achieve the consistantcy you want. Mix until combined. Also add a few drops of your (or the recipients) favourtive essential oil to give the scrub, and your hands, a nice smell :)
Funnel this into your glass jar. If you want, you can leave it at that, but because I'm doing it for mothers day I wanted to give it some extra ompf! So I made it a smancy label!
TIME FOR THE LABEL
On the internet I found a nicely shaped label so I enlarged it and traced it onto the blank sticker.
Cut it out and to define the border, draw a black line along the edge and also about 2mm further in than that to almost 'frame' it.
Give it a title, I thought giving it a number and calling it a potion was kinda cute so I wrote that on it.
Add any final details like swirls or marks and then stick it on!
Put on the lid annnnnnd