A Fun Twist on Strawberry Shortcake
Shortcake is replaced by buttery and sweet sugar cookies, layered with freshly whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Rebecca M. favorited Sugar Cookie Strawberry Shortcake Cups 10 Jun 22:59
- SilverSnake S. favorited Sugar Cookie Strawberry Shortcake Cups 07 Jun 21:08
- PixieFey added Sugar Cookie Strawberry Shortcake Cups to Recipes To Try 29 Mar 22:35
- Diane H. favorited Sugar Cookie Strawberry Shortcake Cups 29 Mar 00:06
- Rebecca H. published her project Sugar Cookie Strawberry Shortcake Cups 25 Mar 09:00
You Will Need
Beat the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Then, one at a time, add the vegetable oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla. With the mixer running, add the flour, baking soda, and salt in increments until combined.
Refrigerate dough for an hour, or freeze for 15 minutes.
Roll dough into slightly large golf balls and press onto a prepared baking sheet with the palm of your hand until it’s about an inch thick.
Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15-17 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream on medium high speed until soft peaks begin to form. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue whipping until stiffer peaks form, or it reaches your desired consistency.
Crumble the cookies and layer about one quarter of a crumbled cookie in the bottom of the serving glass, then a layer of strawberries, then a dollop of whipped cream. Repeat this process until you reach the top, ending with sugar cookie crumbles and a strawberry or two for decoration.