A tip about drawing eyes, in a stylized way.
- DawnRedwood favorited Stylized Eyes 19 May 15:01
- Bloodyhiccup favorited Stylized Eyes 19 Feb 20:01
- Crafterella featured Stylized Eyes 08 Aug 23:00
- Emma H. favorited Stylized Eyes 08 Aug 15:37
- Alice Evans favorited Stylized Eyes 03 Aug 11:00
- Danielle Pioli published her project Stylized Eyes 02 Aug 09:00
First thing that makes a lot of difference is making the top eyelid thicker. This represents the eyelashes and gives the eyes more volume. It's also important to remember that the eyebrows react to where the character is looking, like the eyemask I have mentioned before. So adding this will give your character's expressions a lot more life. Exaggerate expressions! If you want a more cartoony
look, you must exaggerate to a point that it's a caricature. Push it. And always remember the basic shape of the realistic eye, and try to stylize it based on that anatomy. Stylizing things when you understand their anatomy will turn out a lot more believable.