a stylish way to keep your equipment and bits and bobs handy while you craft!
this project is for anyone, from sewing to painting!
i made this so that i could keep my sewing and craft equipment handy while i work in a cute apron.
i made my own patterns for this, so this project is entirely your own, make it however you want!
- Chudames favorited Stylish Craft Apron 23 Sep 14:47
- Steph. favorited Stylish Craft Apron 25 Aug 16:37
- Buttercup favorited Stylish Craft Apron 22 Aug 23:01
- HerNameIsAlixx replied to a comment on her project Stylish Craft Apron 28 Jul 08:40
- Dark Rose replied to a comment on Stylish Craft Apron 17 Jul 08:30
- HerNameIsAlixx replied to a comment on her project Stylish Craft Apron 16 Jul 19:11
- Dark Rose favorited Stylish Craft Apron 16 Jul 16:34
- Dark Rose commented on Stylish Craft Apron 16 Jul 16:34
- HerNameIsAlixx published her project Stylish Craft Apron 15 Jul 14:55
once you know the size and shape of your apron, cut the pattern out of the main fabric and lining fabric.
with right sides together, sew around the edge (1cm) leaving the top open. turn inside out to hide the stitching.
cut long stripes of fabric for the straps. make sure they are wide enough to turn inside out after you have sewn the edges together.
sew them to the apron.
with the neck strap, fold the top over around 1cm, and sew the strap ends to it, enclosing the raw edges of fabric.
for the little pockets, cut out four of the desired shape leaving 1cm for seams, hem them and sew with right sides together, then turn inside out.
for the big pocket, cut a square of fabric (lining or main) and sew the
small pockets to it. for the base of the pocket i used a corner of a pillow case of the same size. pin the square to the pillow case and turn inside out. (pockets should now be on the inside)
sew around the edge leaving the top open and turn to the outside.
if you sew the whole pocket to the apron just around the sides and bottom, then you get a double pocket! see photo :)
for the pin cushion, i used a self cover button, just fill it with stuffing as well.
then just finish of with any embellishments you want, i used a tape with beads.
and your ready to start crafting!