Stuffed portobello mushrooms with pistachio pesto, sweet potato wedges and fine beans
This dish is so popular at Food for Friends that there are some customers who come to the restaurant every week for their ‘portobello fix’.
- Emma H. favorited Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 27 Sep 18:29
- heather r. added Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms to To-make list 26 Mar 06:17
- SugarNSpiceLily commented on Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 11 Mar 19:43
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 11 Mar 19:38
- Amanda V. favorited Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 10 Mar 21:54
- A Bite To Eat published her project Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 04 Feb 22:37
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Toss the sweet potato wedges in a bowl with the chopped rosemary and olive oil and put them into an oven dish. Cook them for 25 minutes and check them a couple of times; move them around so they cook evenly.
Put all the feta stuffing ingredients in a bowl and mix them together,
then put to one side. Blend all the pesto ingredients together with a hand blender (or use a mortar and pestle) and set the pesto aside as well. As soon as the wedges are ready take them out. Cover the dish with foil and keep it somewhere warm. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/ gas mark 7.
Remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Melt the butter in a frying pan. When it is hot, fry the portobello mushrooms for 2 minutes on either side. Take them out of the pan and fill with the feta stuffing. Then place them on an oiled baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8–10 minutes, by which point they should be golden brown on the top.
To serve, put the mushrooms on warmed plates with the sweet potato wedges and vegetables of your choice – we like to serve them with steamed fine green beans. Drizzle the pesto around the mushrooms and add a spoonful of crème fraiche to each plate. Serve immediately.