String art map of UK, Inspired by a project from English Ginger.
String art of UK. Inspired by project from English Ginger.
- Deborah H. favorited String Art Uk 25 Oct 15:22
- Lyra W. favorited String Art Uk 26 Nov 19:27
- Mai added String Art Uk to Wall Art 20 Jan 01:00
- English Ginger commented on String Art Uk 13 Jan 22:13
- Mai favorited String Art Uk 06 Jan 22:15
- liz622x added String Art Uk to diy 30 Dec 22:51
- Syeyon K. commented on String Art Uk 25 Dec 14:16
- Syeyon K. favorited String Art Uk 25 Dec 14:16
- Josaurus20 entered their project String Art Uk to Secret Santa 23 Dec 12:35
- Nikkole B. favorited String Art Uk 16 Dec 22:09
Firstly I decided on my design. I then drew an outline of the map for guidance. painted it all and left to dry.
Next, I fixed a peice of wood into the back of the canvas frame to support the nails. this bit is a little difficult. I cut a peice of wood to size, used polyfiller around the edges and underneath as the glue, and hammered afew nails in at angles to keep it in place.
I then went round the edge of the coast line hammering nails in at about 1cm intervals, and a centre cirle of nails.
After having decided on the colours for the thread, I used embroidary thread, i weaved it between the nails and the centre circle of nails, back and forth. and tied them off on one of the bottom nails as neatly as possible.