The seventies are back: what’s old is new, yet again. Fire up your living space with this retro, cool lighting fixture. What works particularly well are the neutral tones of the lampshade combined with the bright orange cord. Use it over a dining or side table, or a nightstand.
- Coreen M. favorited String Art Lampshade 29 Sep 14:44
- Key West Witch favorited String Art Lampshade 02 Aug 23:12
- Gay M. favorited String Art Lampshade 29 Jan 00:34
- Renee D. added String Art Lampshade to DIY Craft Room 04 Oct 04:19
- Presley W. favorited String Art Lampshade 24 Sep 06:37
- Sahana added String Art Lampshade to Living Room 31 Mar 14:01
- Sahana A. added String Art Lampshade to Home decor 15 Mar 15:53
- jdk added String Art Lampshade to my new work room 15 Nov 11:08
- Chudames favorited String Art Lampshade 04 Nov 07:24
- heather r. added String Art Lampshade to stuff to make 10 Oct 17:16
You Will Need
Place a drop cloth on your work surface.
Using the marker, draw a circle on the ball, roughly 4 inches in diameter. You can use a saucer or a lid as a template to make it perfectly round. This will be where you insert the lightbulb.
Squeeze some Mod Podge into the bowl.
Run the yarn through the Mod Podge, using a foam paintbrush to coat the yarn. Then, wearing rubber gloves, wrap it around the ball, avoiding the circle you’ve drawn.
Once you’ve covered the ball, let it dry overnight. The Mod Podge should be completely dry and the yarn very stiff.
Puncture the ball with the end of your scissors or a sharp knife. Once it’s deflated, pull it out of the round opening of the lampshade and throw it away.
Pull the cord with the plug side (as opposed to the light socket side) through the hole on the bottom of the shade, and thread it through the opposite side of the fixture. Spread some of the fibers apart on the top of the shade to get the cord through, then push them back into place once the cord has made it through the hole. Insert the light bulb through the round opening and hang the light fixture.
TIP: Use a 60-watt or lower bulb for fire safety.