Sew Flower Quilts & Gifts
Featuring basic patchwork techniques, appliqué motifs, and embroidery stitches, this wall hanging makes an ideal first project for quilting beginners.
Sew using 1/4in (7mm) seam allowance, unless otherwise noted.
- 115765_2F2017-02-02-112615-p55.eps 957 KB [ Download ]
- 115765_2F2017-02-02-112636-Strawberry+Spring+Mini+Quilt.pdf 3.8 MB [ Download ]
- Bek S. favorited Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 03 Aug 02:36
- Kate S. favorited Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 18 Feb 16:11
- Crafterella featured Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 15 Feb 23:00
- Pam favorited Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 15 Feb 21:05
- Alissa B. favorited Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 14 Feb 18:55
- Elena B. favorited Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 08 Feb 20:59
- Search Press published her project Strawberry Spring Mini Quilt 08 Feb 09:00
You Will Need
Trace and cut out the templates on Pattern Sheet B. Cut out the following fabric pieces, adding 1/4in (7mm) seam allowance:
8 A pieces (4 dark, 4 light)
8 B pieces
6 C pieces
4 D pieces
11 E pieces (5 light, 6 dark)
2 F pieces (light)
4 H pieces (dark)
1 G piece
1 I piece
Cut out the following pieces, which do not have templates, according to the measurements below (these measurements include seam allowance):
Backing: 12 1/4 x 14 1/4in (31 x 36cm)
Binding: 1 1/3yds (1.2m) of 1 1/
1. Appliqué and embroider the motifs to the pieces of background fabric as shown in the diagram on page 81 (refer to the templates for embroidery instructions). (Note: Each stem is embroidered with two rows of outline stitch. Use two strands of yellow green for the left row and two strands of green for the right row).
2. Sew the patchwork pieces and the appliqué blocks together to create the quilt top, following the layout shown in the diagram on page 81.
3. Layer the top, batting, and backing. Quilt as shown in the diagram on page 81.
4. Bind the quilt.
5. Attach the lace flower appliqués as shown in Figure 1.