Delicious springtime treats with a sweet tart flavor!
My last marshmallows were such a huge hit in my office that I was actually asked to make more in different flavors. So my thought was that I would use some tasty seasonal flavors to make another batch, and thus these delicious strawberry lemonade marshmallows were born.
My original strawberry marshmallow recipe: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/strawberry-marshmallows
My strawberry sugar recipe:
- Quackers, Vino & Cheese favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 26 May 20:34
- Anna Bean favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 15 May 18:27
- Glenda W. favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 20 Apr 01:41
- Sarah B. added Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows to Food 12 Apr 04:27
- Chudames favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 06 Apr 21:38
- Cat Morley replied to a comment on Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 01 Apr 18:58
- tom./ favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 01 Apr 17:39
- TheYearlingBlog replied to a comment on her project Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 01 Apr 15:54
- Cat Morley favorited Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 01 Apr 15:07
- Cat Morley commented on Strawberry Lemonade Marshmallows 01 Apr 15:07
Bloom the gelatin in 1/2 Cup of lemon juice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to set.
Boil 1/2 Cup water, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to 240 F then remove from the heat immediately.
Put your gelatin in the mixer and turn it on low to break it up a little.
Then slowly pour the sugar syrup in.
Put your mixer on high and let whip for 8-10 minutes. Right before they're done add the vanilla and whip for the last minute.
Put the mixture into a greased and lined tray, I chose a 13×9 because I wanted thinner marshmallows.
Cover with more greased plastic wrap and let sit for 6-8 hours.
Once they've set mix your powdered sugar and corn starch and flour a work surface with it. Then flip your marshmallows out onto said work surface.
Cut them to whatever size you want, roll them in the powdered sugar/corn starch mixture and shake them with a fine mesh strainer to get rid of any excess powder.
I actually like these marshmallows a lot more than the last batch I made because they’re a lot more flavorful. You get a good amount of the lemon tartness but it’s well balanced with the sweetness of the strawberry sugar. I really think these are a great improvement to my existing recipe, and so tasty.