Strawberry Cookies - these are soft and taste like little bite-sized cakes with sweet morsels of juicy fruit
makes about 3.5 dozens of bite sized cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dice strawberries into 1/4 inch pieces. I did it by quartering each strawberry and then dicing each quarter into three parts, so they are the size of small raisins.
- Place diced strawberries into a bowl with 1/2 tablespoon of flour and mix. - Flour will help strawberry pieces to separate and not stick together when fruit is added to the dough later.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer like I did this time.
- Add the baking powder, orange oil, egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour one cup at a time. If you are using a stand mixer, then keep using it. If you are using a hand mixer, then at this point it might be easier to switch to a spatula to mix in the flour.
- Add the milk and mix until soft dough forms.
- Add the strawberries and mix trying to not smash the berries.
- Drop the cookies by teaspoon onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. About 12 to a standard sized pan. I used a small cookie scoop to do that.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies are puffed up and turn light golden colour. It took exactly 15 minutes in my oven.