Cute, sophisticated bangs that are straight across your forehead. <3
They look uneven in the picture, but I was being wind raped.
I took a look at my side swept bangs, bangs I've had since I was about 12, and then thought, "Do I want to still look like I did when I was 12?"
Well, that's when the trimmers came out and I looked up how to cut blunt, straight bangs the right way.
I thought it was a great change for the winter months, and makes me look more 17 than my old hair did. I want to look sophisticated, and now I do.
I apologize for the lack of photos in the tutorial and if it's vague in a few places, by all means, comment.
- autumnrose.lee favorited Straight Bangs 11 Mar 10:13
- Erin B. added Straight Bangs to Anna Karina 08 Sep 23:56
- miss rose added Straight Bangs to DIY the look: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu 10 Aug 16:39
- Alisa B. commented on Straight Bangs 01 Mar 01:07
- Alisa B. favorited Straight Bangs 01 Mar 01:02
- Momokocrafts favorited Straight Bangs 16 Nov 16:17
- vebeltrame added Straight Bangs to Katy Perry 01 Sep 04:12
- bittyandbunny added Straight Bangs to Zooey Deschanel 04 Jun 21:59
- Jaleesa B. favorited Straight Bangs 05 Oct 19:44
- Jenifer E. favorited Straight Bangs 02 Jun 06:00
First, part your hair down the middle of your head. If its not a straight part, it won't look right.
Then, take the hair you don't want as bangs, and pull it back into a pony tail, or pin it back, where it won't get cut.
The hair you do want as bangs, pull towards the front of your head. Brush it free of tangles and all that jazz.
<< that picture depicts how the part and the bangs look so far (from the top of your head, that is)
The bangs should have a triangular looking part that's separate than the rest of your hair.
If you can, depending on the the thickness of your bangs, take a layer of your bangs and pin it back.
I didn't make my bangs too thick, so, I did mine all in one.
Take the bottom layer, and measure where you want them. On the eyebrow? Cut just below. Make sure to use a comb to keep it straight, or use your finger.
I like mine a tab bit longer so I can curl them under.
Take down the top layer of your bangs and cut them to the same length. Then, even them out in places that may be longer than others.
Additionally, you may want side pieces of bangs that taper down and frame your face. To achieve this, take a small section of hair on the side of your bangs and cut them at an angle and length that grazes your cheekbones.