Hack an Ikea Molger mirror and three sets of Musik lights to make a Hollywood style mirror perfect for any dressing table!
Cat's always wanted a dressing table mirror with lights around it like the ones you find in movie star dressing rooms but she wasn't able to find one for sale anywhere. Coming to her rescue, I decided to make her one using everyday products you can find at Ikea.
If you want to hang the mirror on the wall, you could use 4 sets of lights to have them all the way around but as this one was sitting on top of the table, we only needed 3 sets.
- Meredith A. added Starlet Mirror to Miss Piggy's Bedroom 13 Sep 00:05
- AlterEgo Designs added Starlet Mirror to DIY The Room- Gotham's Selena Kyle 05 Feb 17:20
- Laura added Starlet Mirror to Home + Decoration 09 Dec 13:10
- Alissa B. favorited Starlet Mirror 08 Dec 22:33
- HerNameIsAlixx added Starlet Mirror to DIY The Room - Palaye Royale 29 Nov 13:21
- Katelyn T. favorited Starlet Mirror 23 Aug 00:09
- Ashley M. added Starlet Mirror to Home Sweet Home 21 Aug 17:25
- Peri L. favorited Starlet Mirror 22 May 21:32
- Lee Rose added Starlet Mirror to hollywood 14 Mar 19:41
- tiffanybsparks added Starlet Mirror to Decor 14 Nov 18:03
Spray the mirror with white spray paint and leave to dry before applying a second coat. Remove the newspaper and tape.
Once the paint has dried, roughen up the outside edges of the mirror frame with a sheet of sandpaper and then apply a generous amount of No More Nails to each of the Musik Lights before sticking around the mirror.
Make sure the left and right lights are flush with the bottom of the mirror because if they go beyond, it will wobbly on the table.
The Musik lights plug directly in to the mains and you need to wire them in parallel by running a short cable from each light to the center of the mirror.
For the switch, I used a cord from the really, really cheap Lampan light. We used the light itself for other craft projects, but the cord comes with a plug and a switch all wired in. Connect the wires to up to the lamps, and be dazzled! Make sure all your electrical connections are safe, and well insulated. Tape them off at the back of the mirror.