Stargazer Necklace Tutorial
Begin by stretching your silk by holding 6" sections between your hands and pulling taught for 10 seconds. Continue in this way down the length until the silk is stretched and straight.
All supplies and tools are for sale at Ornamentea.com
- RareJewel favorited Stargazer Necklace 10 Jul 11:48
- rene c. favorited Stargazer Necklace 04 Aug 23:30
- jen s. favorited Stargazer Necklace 06 Oct 15:25
- Abnormal Abby added Stargazer Necklace to Jewellry 10 Jun 23:40
- WaterAngel added Stargazer Necklace to Jewelry 03 May 23:14
- Diamond Sight Creations added Stargazer Necklace to Make List 15 Sep 13:14
Use the needle to thread the silk through one crimp and then through one bead. Thread the silk back through the crimp and pull until the bead hangs on a small loop of silk and is positioned about 1 inch from the toggle bar. Use your chain nose pliers to flatten crimp. Repeat this, assorting the beads and spacing them all approximately 1 inch along the silk until a 15 inch length of silk is beaded.
Use the needle to thread the silk through one crimp and then through the ring on the toggle loop. Thread the silk back through the crimp and pull until only a tiny bit of silk shows. Use your chain nose pliers to flatten crimp.
Repeat these steps to create as many strands of beaded silk as you wish.