Making a spiral coil: inner to outer
This is a method for making a spiral coil, working from the center of the spiral outward. This technique is used throughout the book to finish off frame wire ends and add embellishment and details.
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Spiral Coil 01 Mar 15:39
- Raven Quinzel added Spiral Coil to Stuff of interest 22 Sep 13:08
- Crafterella featured Spiral Coil 18 Aug 23:00
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Spiral Coil 16 Aug 16:28
- Alissa B. favorited Spiral Coil 06 Aug 23:43
- GMC Group published her project Spiral Coil 04 Aug 09:00
Spirals can be made tightly coiled, as shown here, or loosely coiled to suit your design. Press the curled ends into place with your fingers and adjust them so they are balanced and symmetrical. You can arrange them in any pattern you wish over the design in later stages. You can also hammer the spiral to obtain a flat reflective surface.
Practice making the shapes and the wraps with scrap wire so you are happy that you can get the shape right with the real thing.