- 112965_2F2016-01-15-170713-SPIN-ME-ROUND-Quilt-Pattern.pdf 854 KB [ Download ]
- Gina D. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 22 Oct 16:50
- Carol K. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 26 Aug 12:58
- Michael B. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 24 Jun 12:47
- Sue R. added Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern to quilts 15 May 13:21
- DEBORAH Q. commented on Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 30 Apr 13:16
- Serenity42day favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 25 Sep 00:58
- Cathey M. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 10 Aug 20:15
- Nancy P. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 20 Jul 23:55
- Rae G. favorited Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern 20 Jul 14:28
- Rae G. added Spin Me Round Quilt Pattern to Quilty things 20 Jul 09:27
For the Quilt Top:
1. Divide your 14 strips into two groups of 7. To achieve
the look of our quilt, we divided the strips by
colorway, so all the "reds" would be in one group
and all the "blues" would be in the other, with the
"grays" sprinkled in between. Stitch the 7 strips from
one grouping together along the 40" sides to create
a 28" x 40" rectangle. Press seams to one side.
Lay a rectangle of 7 strips face up on your work
surface. Measure 6" down from the TOP RIGHT
corner and mark. Measure 6" up from the BOTTOM
LEFT corner and mark. Draw a diagonal line
connecting each of these marks, fig. 1. Cut along
this line, dividing your grouping into two, then
repeat for the remaining 7 strips of fabric, fig. 2.
Press the seam away
from the center square.
Go back and pin the
rest of this edge to the
first edge, lining up the
tip of the point with the
mark you made in step
2, fig. 7. Stitch with a
1/4" seam allowance
and press seam away
from the center square.
Continue this process,
working your way
around the square until
you close up all edges.
For the Backing:
Stitch the fabric #2 pieces, right sides
together along a short edge. Press
seam open. Cut the fabric #1 piece
offset, parallel to the 54" edge. We
divided ours to get a 12" piece and a
32" piece. Stitch the fabric #2 strip in
between these fabric #1 pieces and
press seams open, fig. 9. Layer a
good quality cotton batting in between
your top and backing and quilt as
desired. We quilted ours using a 1" x 1"
Cathedral Windows pattern to echo the
design on the center fabric.
For the Binding:
To bind your quilt, join the 5 binding
strips at the ends to make a continuous
strip. Bind your quilt as desired.