I'm a porcupine-inspired space pirate. YAAAR!!!
This was a last-minute addition to my outfit for a photoshoot last year with the amazingly talented Paula Burr.
I wanted to do something different with my standard black PVC underbust corset, and I had already added some spikes to my 7" platform boots. So, I decided to continue the spike theme!
I took the corset, turned it inside out and measured an equal distance between the places I wanted spikes. I did them evenly alongside one of the steel bones in front, on each side. There are a total of 12 1" screw back metal spikes - and since I was in a hurry and feeling rather Mac Guyver that day, I simply took the corset, a wooden drawing board, a nail and a hammer outside and... hammered the nail through where each of the marks were. It was the quickest way I could think of to get through all those heavy layers!
Then, I wanted an eyepatch. I didn't have an eyepatch to pattern it from, so I just took some scrap latex and cut out an approximate shape. I tried it over an eye, and it basically worked - I hemmed all along the edges to make it look more finished, and then I had to glue in some heavy cotton inside to reinforce the spike, otherwise it was too heavy. Then I measured and cut some 1/4" black elastic, sewed it on, and... viola!
I'm a porcupine-influenced space pirate. YAAAR.
- Andy A. added Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch to To Wear 05 Feb 13:53
- Andy A. favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 05 Feb 13:53
- Barn favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 11 Feb 21:48
- Catalyst favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 16 May 18:10
- Isa B. favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 02 Dec 10:08
- elarablair favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 23 Feb 19:06
- Destructeusse favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 27 Dec 16:57
- Countess D. favorited Spiked Pvc Corset + Eyepatch 24 Sep 21:58
ErsatzEpiphany posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!