Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Vegetarian
Deeply flavoured and toothsome, these do a surprisingly good job of imitating beef jerky or biltong.
Carbs: 0.3 g protein: 1 g calories: 21 fibre: 0 g fat: 1.5 g (saturated fat: 0.2 g)
© 2020 Celia Brooks / Pavilion · Reproduced with permission. · Recipes taken from Low-Fat and Gluten-Free Vegetarian by Celia Brooks, published by Pavilion. Recipe photography by Clare Winfield.
- Miss_Fit favorited Spicy Tofu Biltong 23 Feb 03:52
- heather r. added Spicy Tofu Biltong to To-make list 17 Apr 16:58
- Rosie G. favorited Spicy Tofu Biltong 06 Apr 20:29
- Hester A. favorited Spicy Tofu Biltong 06 Apr 09:29
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Spicy Tofu Biltong 05 Apr 16:10
- KelliDroze added Spicy Tofu Biltong to Food 01 Apr 02:20
- Anova published her project Spicy Tofu Biltong 13 Mar 12:32
Preheat the oven to 120°C/250°F/Gas Mark ½. Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper, then slice very thinly into about 14 strips, about 2.5 cm/1 inch wide, 7.5 cm/3 inches long and roughly 3 mm/¹⁄8 inch thick.
Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment. Thoroughly whisk all the remaining ingredients together in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of tofu in the mixture, then lay on the baking sheet. Spoon any remaining mixture carefully over the tofu strips.
Place in the oven and cook for about 60–80 minutes, until the tofu is crisp around the edges, but still pliable. Leave to cool. The strips can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.