The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook
Makes 4 servings
Light, deeply nutritious, delicious, and just exotic enough to be exciting, this pumpkin soup is fantastic. And easy! It freezes well, too—if you happen to have any leftovers.
© 2020 Stephanie Pedersen / Sterling · Reproduced with permission. · Reprinted with permission from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook © 2014 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Guy Ambrosino (£9.99, available from Amazon.co.uk)
- kzk favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 28 Nov 17:50
- Gabrielle M. favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 17 Nov 04:38
- Zombie Babe favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 12 Nov 07:15
- KelliDroze added Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque to Food 12 Nov 00:18
- Victoria M. added Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque to Just for Me 10 Nov 00:31
- Crafterella featured Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 03 Nov 14:43
- Barbara B. favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 03 Nov 02:52
- Shanna H. favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 03 Nov 02:04
- Leeni S. favorited Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 01 Nov 03:37
- Ten Speed Press published her project Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Bisque 27 Oct 18:14
You Will Need
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the broth to the onions and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, orange juice, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and chili powder into the liquid. Bring the soup to a simmer, and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Working in batches, pour soup into a blender until the blender’s pitcher is no more than half full. Puree soup until completely smooth, returning pureed soup to pot. Continue until all soup is blended. Alternately, use a stick blender to puree the soup in the pot.
Warm the pureed soup over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook another 10 minutes.