use tinsel eyelash yarn to give a festive stripe to these simple ribbed legwarmers
Festive and simple legwarmers featuring Martha Stewart’s glitter eyelash yarn. An easy to memorize pattern allows you to take it anywhere. The elastic 2×2 rib pattern gives the top and bottom of the legwarmers form and stretch while the main panel is a slouchy sparkly riot of tinsel striped goodness. Girly legwarmers are perfect for dance class warm-ups, lounging around on cooler days, and layering for special events.
These legwarmers were first runner-up in the Martha Stewart Crafts Month competition and were featured on the Living Blog (November 1, 2012).
- Sparkly_Stripe-y_Legwarmer_Pattern.pdf 6.31 MB [ Download ]
- Luis G. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 14 Oct 06:56
- james w. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 06 Aug 04:48
- Tabitha F. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 24 Aug 22:35
- Jade V. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 29 Dec 21:54
- Kristin G. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 07 Nov 04:55
- Zombie Babe added Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers to new wardrobe 29 Sep 09:13
- Zombie Babe favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 29 Sep 09:13
- Laura H. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 15 Sep 08:18
- Annika G. favorited Sparkly Stripe Y Legwarmers 07 Sep 08:15
Lower 2 x 2 Ribbing (Color 1)
Rounds 1-10: Join for in the round knitting, distribute the stitches evenly on the needles, for example: XS= 8,8,8; S= 10,8,10; M- 10, 12, 10; L=12, 12, 12.
Begin 2x2 ribbing: Knit 2, Purl 2 – repeat to end of row. You could use a stitch marker to keep track of the beginning or visually refer to the cast-on tail as I do. Continue this pattern for 10 rounds total, always knit above the knit stitches, purl above the purl stitches.
Middle Series (Colors 1 and 2)
Rows 11-16: Knit 6 rows with Color 1 above the rib stitches.
Row 17: Introduce Color 2 at the beginning of the row, after the first stitch. I knit in the end of my new yarn to avoid sewing it in later by holding the lead yarn and yarn tail together.
Row 18: Pick up Color 1 and move Color 2 (tinsel) behind your stitches, keeping the tinsel yarn in the leg warmer and away from your new stitches. Knit with Color 1 for a total of 6 rows.
Upper 2 x 2 Ribbing (Color 1)
Make sure you haven’t slipped any stitches – ensure you should have 24 (28, 32, 36) active stitches on your needles.
Knit 2, Purl 2 to end of row. Repeat for a total of 16 (18, 20, 22) rows. Loosely bind off in the same pattern (Knit 2, Purl 2).
Repeat for a total of two legwarmers.