Little glittering rubies of sweet-tart delight. A must for any holiday party!
This is a desperately simple but hugely impressive addition to a holiday party spread. Perfectly lovely on their own, but they would also make an elegant topping to cheesecake, a garnish for cocktails, and a pretty addition to cranberry lemonade.
- Key West Witch favorited Sparkling Cranberries 21 Aug 06:40
- Carla B. favorited Sparkling Cranberries 22 Nov 15:39
- Flo Di favorited Sparkling Cranberries 01 Sep 23:24
- HylianWriter534 favorited Sparkling Cranberries 04 Aug 00:56
- Suzi T. favorited Sparkling Cranberries 30 Jul 14:44
- kkit12 favorited Sparkling Cranberries 19 Jul 01:12
- Kristi @ 30 Pounds of Apples published her project Sparkling Cranberries 06 May 01:49
After berries have chilled, pour into a colander and drain for about 10 minutes. Dump berries onto a medium cookie sheet. Sprinkle a bit of the 1/2 of sugar over the berries. Slide the cookie sheet back and forth over the surface of a table or counter so that the berries roll around in the sugar. Continue adding sugar a bit at a time to cover berries evenly and thoroughly. Allow berries to rest for 1-2 hours on the counter to allow the simple syrup to begin forming a hard shell. Sprinkle with additional sugar to cover any final sticky spots.