Soot sprites to help hide the dust in the corners
I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli films and was reliving my love of My Neighbour Totoro and had a spark of genius! Make my very own soot sprites! I plan to make a whole bunch and suspend them from my ceiling. Such cute little guys! XD
- Barjaa B. added Soot Sprite to 9.16.14 06 Sep 19:30
- Roughwaters44 favorited Soot Sprite 08 Jul 04:30
- nellie.demeio favorited Soot Sprite 02 Jul 17:16
- liddyandpoppy .. added Soot Sprite to plushies 10 Jul 21:45
- Maemi.Gojo added Soot Sprite to Plushies 02 Jun 08:03
- MysticRose29 added Soot Sprite to Kawaii 30 Mar 16:26
- MysticRose29 added Soot Sprite to Plushies to Make 30 Mar 16:26
- MysticRose29 favorited Soot Sprite 30 Mar 16:26
- Ana.Loli favorited Soot Sprite 30 Mar 07:32
- Millie H. added Soot Sprite to cool ideas 25 Mar 23:13
Okay, so I'm going to assume people know how to make a pom pom, if not there is a great tut from amy l. here http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/pom_pom
So once you've made your pom pom, cut out some white felt circles for the eyes. Sew on a black button on each piece of felt. Sew them to one side of the felt circle, not right in the middle, or your soot sprite will look surprised! O_o
Spread the wool out on the pom pom so it's a little flat, place one eye on one side of the tied area of the pom pom and sew it on. I re-sew through the button on the eye so that the thread is unnoticeable.
Lastly, thread a long piece of wool through the top and bottom centre of the pom pom and tie off, this is so you can hang him up!
And your done! Hopefully these were easy to understand, if you have any question you can message me. I will post up some photos asap too.