Knitting With Giant Needles
Schachenmayr original Bravo Big, 200g each in 00110 (taupe) and 00102 (natural)
1 pair of 9mm (UK00/US13) needles
Diameter 25cm (93⁄4in), height 17cm (63⁄4in)
For a thick, rounded top edge on the white basket, fold over the edge either to the outside or to the inside, as in the photo above. The white basket will then be the same height as the brown one.
- RareJewel favorited Soft Baskets 10 Jul 11:31
- Jen S. favorited Soft Baskets 02 Mar 21:33
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Soft Baskets 14 Jan 22:31
- Chudames favorited Soft Baskets 15 Jun 20:58
- Sheri P. favorited Soft Baskets 30 Mar 07:21
- Priscilla H. favorited Soft Baskets 29 Dec 09:47
- Carmen V. favorited Soft Baskets 06 Dec 21:40
- Amy B. favorited Soft Baskets 29 Nov 22:34
- Bella Trix favorited Soft Baskets 05 Nov 13:00
- Rosie F. favorited Soft Baskets 09 Aug 18:42
Both baskets are knitted in garter stitch. The rounded bottom of the basket is achieved by knitting shortened rows. The number of stitches needed for the slightly smaller brown basket is given in brackets.
Cast on 32 (22) stitches.
Row 1: K29 (20), leave rem sts on needle, turn, and knit back along the row.
Row 2: K26 (18), leave rem sts on needle, turn, and knit back along the row.
Row 3: K23 (16), leave rem sts on needle, turn, and knit back along the row.
Row 4: K all sts, turn, and knit back. Rep rows 1–4 11 times.
Sew an invisible side seam using mattress stitch. Draw the stitches at the bottom together with a strand of yarn.