Make yourself a yummy, softening and relaxing bath.
I love making these bath "bombs". It's so nice to pop in a CD, throw one of these in the bath, and just zone out for a good twenty minutes. More than that, you can make so many different types of these! Just experiment!
(None of these pictures are mine!)
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" to Idea 08 Jun 19:47
- Amara A. favorited Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" 25 Mar 19:13
- Netra H. favorited Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" 06 Mar 13:09
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" 09 Jan 03:33
- reblav added Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" to vegan 31 Mar 06:22
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Soft And Oat Y Bath "Bomb" to Body 15 Jan 12:25
Now the fun part: choose the herbs, teas or whatever else you'd like to put in your bomb. I usually add dried orange peel, as it helps exfoliate. Add more than one!
What you could add:
- Any type of tea leaves. I love adding chamomile, as it makes the bath smell lovely
- Powdered flowers are great in this. Try rose powder, lavender powder... the list goes on
- Dried herbs are very benefitial externally, believe it or not. I like to add dried parsley flakes to my bomb, as it is a cleansing herb. I suggest looking up herbs and their properties to choose one that's best for you
- Dried lemon or orange peel, as well as powdered milk/buttermilk, are a wonderful additive, as they make your skin super soft (through chemical exfoliatiation)
Depending on how many additives you are using, I would add a heaping spoonful or half a heaping spoonful to the middle of your cheese cloth.
Turn on the bath and make the water run at a temperature that pleases you. Throw in the bomb, walk away and prepare whatever you need for your bath (for me its music). At this point, I also wash my face, as when in the bath the bomb doubles as a mask and is best applied to clean skin.
For extra results, add some honey to your bath or even epsom salts.
Now that you're in the bath, enjoy the bomb. You'll find that if you mush it between your hands (after it has soaked for a little bit), a milky substance comes out of the cloth. This is from the oatmeal and mixed with other herbs (or even alone), it is a wonderful mask. I scrub the bomb all over my face to leave a layer of oat milk on it, and repeat several times during the bath.
I also like to stand up in my bath and use the sachet all over my body like a scrub.
After soaking for as long as you'd like, get out and moisturize! I hope you liked it :D