Scrub and wash cloth in one!
Soap in a jacket is wonderful for exfoliating your skin. Just hold it under running water and gently rub the soap on your skin. Will leave you with a beautiful soft skin. I even use it to scrub my face! It's also great for removing garlic and onion smell from you hands.
Make sure you allow it to dry after each use, otherwise the soap will get soft.
- Holwn G. favorited Soap In A Jacket 01 Sep 05:23
- Elin H. favorited Soap In A Jacket 03 Jul 16:13
- afroditi.ger.5 favorited Soap In A Jacket 20 Feb 21:36
- Alice N. added Soap In A Jacket to Beauty 21 Jan 20:12
- vie c. added Soap In A Jacket to usefull cool 07 Jan 09:21
- Emily F. favorited Soap In A Jacket 02 Nov 22:22
- Kelly D. favorited Soap In A Jacket 28 Oct 16:41
- pink favorited Soap In A Jacket 25 Oct 05:52
- Emily F. added Soap In A Jacket to Favorite Crafts 17 Oct 01:17
- lemonblossom favorited Soap In A Jacket 17 Sep 18:52
Your wool mat should be about 2.5 times the size of the soap, like this picture shows (definately not bigger than this picture shows). It’s not exact science, a few cm’s too much is no problem.
Put two flat hands on it and gently move your hands in all directions while pressing on the wool. Do this for about 2 minutes. This starts the felting process slightly and makes step 4 easier.
When the wool is wet, take it in your hands and very, very gently start squeezing it. Try to keep the wool in place as much as possible. The soap will work its way through the wool. After about 2 minutes start gently rubbing with small movements.
Wool starts felting under influence of water, soap, warmth and pressure.
As the wool starts to felt, you can make bigger movements. Roll the soap between your hands like your washing your hands with it. Also apply more pressure. Soak it in hot water every now and then and squeez out excess water. What a nice soapy mess!
To speed up the process you could now start rubbing it on a sushi mat but it’s not necessary. Not using it just takes a little bit longer.