Create this amazing centrepiece for your festive table…
No snowball fights on Christmas Day, just a beautiful glittering centrepiece for your mid-Winter feast and family celebration! This is one original centrepiece which no-one will forget. Simply take your Dremel 3000 multi-tool and Dremel Glue Gun and follow our step-by-step guide below!
- Cassiefairy added Snowball Tree Decoration to Buddy The Elf 27 Nov 16:01
- J. Pario favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 25 Dec 19:48
- Isabela P. favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 11 Nov 17:14
- minus m. favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 30 Oct 16:00
- Belynda C. favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 29 Jul 22:30
- LaLiLuLiny added Snowball Tree Decoration to Sonstiges 20 Apr 14:41
- eunhaeheaven favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 30 Nov 23:19
- painted maru favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 14 Nov 23:03
- Mrs. N favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 14 Nov 14:02
- suprizeme favorited Snowball Tree Decoration 13 Nov 23:19
Fold your soft cloth or towel to create a cushioned surface and place the clear glass bauble down on top of it. Take your Dremel 3000 with the Flexshaft attached and insert the Diamond Wheel Engraving Point 7105 and engrave a series of larger and smaller snowflake motifs randomly around the bauble, leaving gaps in-between the designs. You need to be very delicate indeed and under no circumstances should you press on the surface or you will shatter the fragile glass bauble. Be sure to wear your eye safety goggles.
Fit a 7 mm clear glue stick into the dual temperature Glue Gun 930 and place it in position on your Dremel Glue Mat. Switch the gun to the cool heat setting before leaving the gun to warm up. Then use your Dremel Glue Gun 930 to draw a delicate snowflake motif in-between the engraved snowflakes.
Working quickly so that the glue remains sticky, lay your Dremel Glue Gun 930 safely on the Glue Mat and, holding the bauble over the glass bowl with the white glitter, use the spoon to sprinkle glitter onto the tacky glue. Ensure the entire motif is covered in glitter before very gently tapping the excess off back onto the plate.
Repeat the process, using the Glue Gun to apply more snowflake designs in-between the engraved ones to build up the effect. Use the white and the crystal glitter on separate motifs to create a subtle effect.
Allow the Dremel Glue Gun time to cool down then fit it with a silver glitter glue stick. With your Glue Gun set to the cool temperature, apply silver glitter glue to further enhance and embellish the engraved and glittered motifs using the finished picture as a guide. Hang up the finished bauble.
If you wish to create a number of these baubles to decorate a tree or table centrepiece, set up a mini production line and engrave all the baubles before moving on to decorating them with snowflakes of glue and finally finishing them with glitter glue. This way you will avoid having to wait while the Dremel Glue Gun 930 warms up and cools down, or having to swap between glue sticks for the different steps.