A classic sandwich filling for any dinner or potluck
These Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe sandwiches are scrumptious, tangy, sweet, hearty, and satisfying and will take you back to your childhood. One thing I like is that I always have every ingredient on hand for the meat filling. Another is it makes enough for our dinner and then lunch or dinner the next day. I think the BEST feature of these retro sandwiches is that you make them in crockpot!
- Raven favorited Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes 04 Jan 11:32
- Rhona H. favorited Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes 16 Mar 19:37
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes 02 Mar 09:52
- crochetmommie added Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes to Food Tutorials 15 Oct 02:19
- Kimya J. favorited Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes 29 Sep 02:00
- Lisa K. published her project Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes 30 Jul 09:00
You Will Need
Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray. This will help with clean-up.
In a large pan, brown the ground beef and when it's nearly done, add the finely diced onion. Cook a few minutes more, until the onion is softened. Drain excess grease.
I find when I use Laura's Lean Ground Beef, I don't need to drain the meat, but it's your choice.
In your crockpot, add the tomato sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, mustard, Worchestershire sauce, water, brown sugar, chili powder, and flour. Whisk till smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the cooked ground beef mixture to the crockpot and give it all a good stir.
Cover and let it cook for 4 - 5 hours on low.
Spoon filling onto sandwich buns and serve!