Easy, delicious chicken noodle soup!
This soup is packed with flavor thanks to a few kitchen tips and tricks, yet comes together in a flash using your slow cooker!
- Elena B. added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to soup recipes 22 Jun 01:35
- Elena B. added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to savoury recipes 21 Jun 23:47
- Elena B. favorited Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 21 Jun 23:47
- GiftedDiva24 added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to Simple Meals to Cook 18 Nov 12:57
- SugarNSpiceLily added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to crock pot 26 Jul 22:35
- Summer O. favorited Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 17 May 06:36
- Emma H. favorited Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 17 Jan 20:09
- LoupLou added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to Comfort Food 12 Jan 09:34
- char53lie added Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to Food 11 Jan 16:43
- Lindsay T. published their project Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 08 Jan 09:00
You Will Need
For best results, start by sautéing the carrots, celery, and onion in 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté for approximately 3 minutes until the mixture is fragrant and onions are slightly softened. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute, until garlic is fragrant. (Alternatively, you could skip this step and add the vegetables straight to the slow cooker and omit the oil)
Transfer carrots, celery, onion, and garlic mixture to the bowl of a 4 ½ to 6-quart slow cooker.
Add the concentrated chicken stock to the skillet just used to sauté vegetables and heat over medium-low heat until melted. Add to the bowl of the slow cooker.
Add chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the bowl of the slow cooker and stir to combine. Add chicken breasts to the bowl of the slow cooker. Add 2 bay leaves.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours (time will depend on your slow cooker – mine tends to run a little hot).
After the chicken has cooked, transfer the chicken from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
Add the egg noodles to the bowl of the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low or high for approximately 20 minutes. (Alternatively, if your slow cooker had switched to the warm setting after cooking and is no longer at a low or high temperature, you could cook the noodles in water or chicken broth on the stove top and add them to the slow cooker).
While noodles are cooking, shred the chicken breasts.
Return shredded chicken to slow cooker. Stir contents together. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately topped with minced fresh parsley, if desired.