Stylish way to keep your head warm!
I love these hats! They're so much fun and I love making my own so I can pick out the colour and size :-) The pattern will come soon... it's SUPER easy!
- Marge H. commented on Slouchy Hat 02 Jan 20:21
- Vassia N. favorited Slouchy Hat 08 Jan 13:09
- Dianne M. favorited Slouchy Hat 22 Dec 02:20
- Tina T. added Slouchy Hat to slouchy 21 Oct 15:11
- Tina T. favorited Slouchy Hat 21 Oct 15:11
- chelsea g. favorited Slouchy Hat 25 Aug 00:27
- Chudames favorited Slouchy Hat 28 Jul 17:20
- Sarita M. favorited Slouchy Hat 18 Jan 13:06
- Jade M. favorited Slouchy Hat 12 Jul 16:05
- cdonigan added Slouchy Hat to Katie 18 Apr 22:07
I made up the pattern so you may have to tweak the pattern for your specifications :-)
Ch 53 (make sure you measure this around your head to ensure the fit you want)
Row 1: Dc in each ch
Rows 2-5: dc in each st
Join the two ends by sowing or using a single crochet stitch. You should now have a head band.
Rows 6: ch 1 *(3 dc in the first st, skip next stitch) * repeat to the end of the row
Rows 7-10: Repeat row 6 ( you can add more rows if you want more slouch to your hat)
The rest of the pattern is flexible and is played by ear a bit… but here’s the general idea…
Continue repeating Row 6 EXCEPT decrease 1 st by skipping a 3 dc space. (So, you’re skipping 3 spaces)
Decrease 1 st every quarter of the way around the hat.
You’ll find after about 4-5 rows, the hat is significantly smaller. You want to start making more decreasing stitches as you come to a close of your slouchy hat.
To finish off your hat make one last single stitch to close the opening of your hat. Pull your yarn all the way through and weave it into surrounding stitches.