A soft toy knitting pattern
This little Sleepy Bunny is the perfect toy for little ones, but I am not going to judge you if you keep one for yourself. Bunny is roughly 25 cm (just under 10 inches) tall when measured without the ears, so that is a pretty decent size. Go on, knit your own bunny now!
- lalarurusena favorited Sleepy Bunny Softie 23 Feb 09:27
- Chudames favorited Sleepy Bunny Softie 06 Apr 21:40
- Chachee.rayna added Sleepy Bunny Softie to Yarns 04 Apr 21:49
- Jennifer M. favorited Sleepy Bunny Softie 28 Mar 19:10
- Amanda M. commented on Sleepy Bunny Softie 08 Mar 04:53
- Amanda M. added Sleepy Bunny Softie to to do list 08 Mar 04:52
- Amanda M. favorited Sleepy Bunny Softie 08 Mar 04:52
- ale_corason favorited Sleepy Bunny Softie 24 Feb 08:16
- Silwen published their project Sleepy Bunny Softie 22 Feb 19:10
You Will Need
CO: cast on
BO: bind off
k2tog: knit two stitches together
p2tog: purl two stitches together
ssk: slip two stitches as if to knit and knit them together
ssp: slip two stitches as if to knit and purl them together
Body (make 2):
CO 18 sts
The body is knitted for 34 rows in moss stitch as follows:
R1: *k1, p1*
R2: *p1, k1*
Knit the face in stocking stitch for 10 rows, ending on a wrong side, then start decreasing:
*R1: ssk, k to last 2 sts, k2tog
R2: p all*
Repeat from * to * until only 2 sts are left. K2tog, cut yarn and pull through to fasten.
Ears (make 2):
CO 8 sts
*R1: p2, k to last 2 sts, p2
R2: p all*
Repeat from * to * for 2 inches. End on wrong side.
R1: p2tog, k to last 2 sts, ssp
R2: p2, p to last 2 sts, p2
R3: p2, k to last 2 sts, p2
R4: p2tog, p2, ssp
R6: p2tog, ssp
Cut yarn and pull through to fasten.
Assembling and finishing:
Embroider the face with scrap yarn, making a Y shape for the nose and half-circles for the eyes.
Sew in the threads of the body and ears.
Sew the two pieces of the body together, leaving the bottom open. Stuff the bunny with toy stuffing and sew closed the bottom seam.
Attach the ears to the top of the head.
Now you have your very own sleepy bunny!