A fun project for shirts you love, but don't fit into anymore!
This is just a simple sling-bag made from a shirt that was too small.
I used a sparkly skull t shirt for the outside, and a tank top that did not fit for the inside lining.
The pockets were created out of polyester/vinyl leopard-print leggings.
The handle/strap is made of left over scraps from the bottom of the Skull shirt. I cut the scrap at the seam to have a long strip. From there I stuffed with polyester stuffing, pined it together, and sewed it shut to make it comfy.
In hindsight, I should have stitched/glued on some sort of clasp (or Velcro) for the opening, but didn't have any available. It will do for now.
It would have been a good idea to add some batting between the outer shell and lining to make it a bit sturdier. I like to carry books, chunky wallets and heavy keys around, so this bag wouldn't be idea for my own use.
That's what I get for free-handing a project step-by-step instead of mapping it out. >.< Hopefully my next bag will be constructed much better. XD
- holly.paceamos commented on Skull Tshirt Bag 01 May 14:58
- Chudames entered her project Skull Tshirt Bag to Mum's 23 Feb 17:50
- Jennifer D. favorited Skull Tshirt Bag 09 Sep 04:53
- Chudames entered her project Skull Tshirt Bag to Ladytron Contest 04 Mar 06:44
- Chudames entered her project Skull Tshirt Bag to Craft-In Contest 03 Mar 07:07
Chudames posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!