Skull quilt inspired by one in the new book Quilting Art by Spike Gillespie
- mmotse03 favorited Skull Quilt 23 Jan 01:24
- kiaravalentine added Skull Quilt to x la casa 01 Oct 20:27
- kiaravalentine favorited Skull Quilt 01 Oct 20:27
- TheSewingMaven favorited Skull Quilt 01 Oct 02:07
- Rebecca B. favorited Skull Quilt 20 Jul 12:12
- KirbyBella added Skull Quilt to To-make list 06 Oct 21:04
- BothAtHome added Skull Quilt to Baby Related Projects 26 Aug 19:27
- Recycled Miracles favorited Skull Quilt 03 May 06:51
- D3c1an favorited Skull Quilt 14 Jan 10:09
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Skull Quilt 03 Jan 22:54
I don't know if other quilters do this but I recommend leaving the little stack of squares just cut in place when cutting the next stack of squares from the strip, this keeps the layers from slipping around.
This skull quilt takes:
216 white squares
34 red squares
35 black squares
It is 15 squares across and 19 squares tall.
Here are all the squares cut and laid out....but there is a little error...can you find it?
Quilting and puzzles, now that's a combo.
OK I'll tell you, in this shot the right eye is off by one row, see how there are 3 rows of white squares on the far right and on the left there are only 2? Well, I fixed it in the piecing.