laminated wearable art
I created this "skellie" brooch from one of my original collages. I used a skull image from a 1901 Cezanne Painting. The crown was cut on my Cricut machine. The flower was cut from a plant catalog. I love to collage so I have a big collection of paper images that I play around with until I create a design I like.
I call this "skellie" my "steampunk prince". He has blue butterfly wings, and a flower attached to his orange crown. He is embellished with a blue rhinestone.
I used a high quality print of my original collage for the brooch. It is heat laminated with heavy 7 ml lamination film.
You can create your own paper collage and laminate it to make a brooch. If you do not have your own laminator, you can take it to an office supply store like Office Max. I hope you will be inspired to create some wearable art!
- Conner W. favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 22 Feb 05:06
- Barbara M. favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 06 May 01:57
- Michelle R. favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 21 Nov 00:40
- BlooEatsZombies favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 20 Nov 06:52
- Barbara M. favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 02 Nov 16:25
- Pam ^_^ favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 19 Oct 20:03
- Trrriple Purple ART favorited Skull Brooch Steampunk Prince 12 Oct 07:05
Wendy W. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!