Tiny Toys to Knit
Skittle: 6cm (2 3⁄8 in); ball: 3cm (1¼ in) diameter
- Robbin B. added Skittles And Ball to Games Galore 11 Feb 09:51
- Bek S. favorited Skittles And Ball 03 Aug 02:55
- Cheryl H. commented on Skittles And Ball 13 Apr 01:03
- Cheryl H. favorited Skittles And Ball 13 Apr 01:03
- wendi.wagner favorited Skittles And Ball 05 Mar 22:27
- Ro E. favorited Skittles And Ball 01 Mar 13:03
- Search Press published her project Skittles And Ball 05 Feb 09:00
Cast on 8 sts using caramel yarn.
Row 1 (WS): p.
Row 2: inc in each st. (16 sts)
Rows 3 and 4: st st, starting with a p row.
Row 5: k to make a ridge for the edge of the skittle.
Rows 6 and 7: st st., starting with a k row.
Row 8: (k2, inc) to last st, k1 (21 sts).
Rows 9–17: st st, starting with a p row.
Row 18: using contrast colour yarn, k.
Row 19: (p2tog) to last st, p1 (11 sts). Do not break yarn.
Rows 20 and 21: using caramel yarn, st st. Do not break yarn.
Row 22: using contrast colour yarn left at row 19, k. Break yarn, leaving a long end.
Row 23: move sts to other end of DPN. Using caramel yarn left at row 21, k.
Row 24: p1 (inc, p1) to end (16 sts).
Rows 25–30: st st.
Row 31: (k2tog) to end (8 sts).
Break yarn, draw through sts, pull tightly and fasten off.
Sew the body seam and stuff. Insert a threaded needle into the body from the base centre and take it out through the back of the skittle and repeat. Pull gently to flatten the base. Fasten off. Using the contrast colour yarn left at row 19, thread through every stitch on the same row to enhance the colour. Fasten off.
Using red or blue yarn, cast on 10 sts.
Row 1 (WS): p.
Row 2: inc to end (20 sts).
Rows 3–10: st st, starting with a p row.
Row 11: (p2tog) to end (10 sts).
With the fastened-off yarn end, sew the body and stuff. Work a gathering thread around the cast-on edge and draw tightly to close the ball.