You won't even need to hem or add elastic with this cute skirt!!! And did I mention- it's completely reversible?
I don't have any pictures aside from my final product, but this is somewhat easy to follow. If you have any questions on the assembly, just ask me in the comments below! Don't forget to show me your versions, too.
- Key West Witch favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 05 May 05:40
- jennavieve added Simple Two Shirt Skirt to clothing 26 Jan 19:06
- jennavieve favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 26 Jan 19:06
- Julie Eifelt B. favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 27 Apr 08:34
- Phoenix M. favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 20 Aug 01:03
- zjowies h. favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 06 Apr 10:22
- Sophie D. favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 11 Feb 21:14
- Eve favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 12 Nov 16:29
- Sue-ann L. added Simple Two Shirt Skirt to skirts 30 Aug 06:27
- Geli T. favorited Simple Two Shirt Skirt 31 Jul 14:20
Find two old shirts, without any embelishments, ties, or gathers, the simpler the better! It dosen't matter if they have sleeves or not. The first shirt, for the outside, can be transparent. The second shirt acts as a lining/ flipside. You don't want 2 prints, unless it is something neutral like pinstripes, or the patterns will compete with each other.
Take your outside t-shirt, and find the longest part of the shirt, not including the sleeves or hems, and cut DOWN from this measurement to make a nice a-line shape. If you make a high-waisted version, you can cut a bit of room for hips. Also, cut off across where your waist measurement is.
Take your neutral tee, and lay it UNDERNEATH of the outside shirt.line up the bottom hems, and cut the neutral shirt around the outside shirt to make a duplicate.
Sew up the sides of both parts of skirt SEPARATELY.
Flip the 2 skirt parts right sides TOGETHER, and match up the side seams and the tops, and sew all the way around the top.
Flip right sides out. You are done!!! Enjoy!!! The skirt looks really cute when you flip the top over, to make a contrasting waistband.