Without the hard base.
I've been bitten by the creative bug, so I've been sketching up a storm whenever I can't pay attention in class. This is a simple pattern I designed from a headband that I've had for a while, and I wanted it in the pattern from an old dress that never fit right...So I decided to put my pattern to the test.
I used the old dress and scrap lace from my box full of scraps, so this project cost me nothing but a little time. It took me an hour because I kept having issues with my thread breaking. You'll probably can finished it in about 30 minutes.
Please post you versions I'd love to see them. :)
- Evan Willis favorited Simple Headband 02 May 06:52
- marilyn.steckly favorited Simple Headband 21 Apr 03:37
- Empress Black added Simple Headband to DIY Accessories 27 May 11:07
- asna.shakir added Simple Headband to Accesories 18 May 14:40
- Victorian Dreamer favorited Simple Headband 27 Jan 04:50
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Simple Headband 30 Dec 20:17
- George S. favorited Simple Headband 29 Dec 02:37
- Valerie L. favorited Simple Headband 17 Oct 21:07
- Edith P. favorited Simple Headband 12 Aug 02:04
The next part I completely forgot to take pictures, I was in the zone.
Switch to zig-zag stitch, open the fabric, place the elastic in the middle of one of the sides you just put together (NOT ON THE SEAM) and sew in place.
For hints on how to sew on an elastic go here.
Event though it is for the waistband its still the same basic principle.