A sultry evening look!
This look combines 2 favorites: sultry smoke and dramatic cat eye!
- joelle.scottmurphy favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 05 Mar 10:40
- Alma v. added Silver Smokey Cat Eye to Make up 23 Apr 15:06
- Rhonda G. favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 14 Apr 09:16
- Alyssa M. added Silver Smokey Cat Eye to Try This Someday... 12 Apr 17:10
- drevanhoussen added Silver Smokey Cat Eye to Autres 31 Mar 02:53
- drevanhoussen favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 31 Mar 02:53
- Regina R. favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 29 Mar 00:09
- Crafterella featured Silver Smokey Cat Eye 24 Mar 22:00
- Phoebe T. favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 14 Mar 01:21
- Emma H. favorited Silver Smokey Cat Eye 09 Mar 20:53
Prime your lids and dust on a neutral champagne or vanilla shadow all over your lid, the shimmery base will help when it comes time to blend. Line your eyes, it doesn't need to be precise. Use a pencil brush (or your finger even) to blend and soften the liner. Draw a V with your pencil to outline where your smokey cat eye will go. Make sure you open your eye first to determine how high up you want the line in your crease.
Use your pencil brush to blend and smudge the V more into the center of your eye, you essentially are focusing on the outer third portion of your eye. Dip your brush into black shadow as necessary to build the depth you are comfortable with. See how messy its getting? Trust the process and don't get scared! I like to do eyes first and skin second when doing looks like this. Pat a shimmery taupe shadow all over your lid, smoothing out the seams of where the black shadow stops. Dust a soft brown in your crease, bronzer works fab! Highlight under your brow and in your inner socket.
Now for the clean up! This step is what adds the sharp angled edge to the look. Take a cotton pad with remover or makeup wipe and fold it so you have a straight edge. Swipe the edge in an upward angled motion. Line your eyes. I love the sharpness of a gel or liquid for this look. Add the flick of liner at the end for your cat eye. The awesome part about this look is that the sharp edge we created is your guideline, so its goof-proof! Load up with mascara...bonus points and more drama if you toss in some lashes too! I used medium length individuals.