super creepy and fun!
I've been making shrunken apple heads for..well over a decade now.
We've always strung ours up with twine and hung them from door handles.
My mum originally suggested I hang them from a branch that was weighted in a bucket full of sand.
I didn't like the look of that, and decided to move it into my giant vase. Add a little black bow and it looks awesome.
- Lee Rose added Shrunken Apple Head Tree. to class ideas 20 Jun 18:48
- Emma H. favorited Shrunken Apple Head Tree. 10 May 00:27
- Lee Rose added Shrunken Apple Head Tree. to DIY!!! 16 Mar 22:34
- Kendell V. favorited Shrunken Apple Head Tree. 17 Dec 00:53
- go-go-chi favorited Shrunken Apple Head Tree. 27 Nov 10:51
- anna.hall.798 favorited Shrunken Apple Head Tree. 15 Sep 19:20
don't be afraid to do something different. for this one, i left the stem in, and carved the apple sideways and into a moon shape. just for something different.
when finished carving, use a screw driver and poke a hole through the center of the apple. poke twine through the apple. double knot the bottom.
dip the head into a bowl filled with a solution of a cup of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of salt. this prevents extreme browning and keeps a bleached look to it.