Easier than it sounds...
I love the idea of shrimp scampi, but I always found myself disappointed by the renditions I made at home...they were never garlicky enough for me. Until I added more garlic than seems logical and stopped serving my scampi over pasta. This scampi is perfect with a crusty baguette for soaking up the juices. This recipe cooks very quickly. Be sure to have all of your elements chopped, measured, etc...ready to go in the pan. There's no time to prep as you go!
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Shrimp Scampi 07 Nov 02:15
- Diane H. favorited Shrimp Scampi 15 Dec 02:30
- Dayna D. added Shrimp Scampi to Eats! 03 Nov 09:50
- Dayna D. favorited Shrimp Scampi 03 Nov 09:50
- ashley.aneiro favorited Shrimp Scampi 08 Oct 02:36
- Mary H. published her project Shrimp Scampi 07 May 00:37
You Will Need
Heat a 10-inch sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, the red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of salt. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in the shrimp and the white wine, stirring to coat the shrimp. Spread the shrimp into a single layer. Increase the heat to medium-high allow the wine to bubble for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately with baguette or other crusty bread to sop the juices.