The idiot's step-by-step guide to making a really simple shortcrust pastry dough with stuff you have at home.
I got this recipe from school (Home Economics)
I used this for a fruit pie at home, but in school, we made a meat and vegetable puff. :P
An egg *glaze will make your edible piece of art GOLDEN BROWN :D
But its only for aesthetics so its optional :)
*refer to the last step
HAVE FUN WITH MAKING THIS DOUGH!!!!! :D
Please do ask me if you have any questions :D I'll be happy to answer them IF I know the answers.
Note: None of the photos are mine.
- Sunnie favorited Shortcrust Pastry Dough 27 Feb 00:17
- Rachael H. added Shortcrust Pastry Dough to Food 17 Dec 06:02
- Stephanie M. added Shortcrust Pastry Dough to pastry dough 16 Mar 00:28
- Taryn K. added Shortcrust Pastry Dough to Ingredients 09 Feb 22:30
- Taryn K. favorited Shortcrust Pastry Dough 09 Feb 22:30
Knead the dough.
As you knead it, add in more cold water as it will get kinda dry. (cold water's better, as according to my teacher)
You may want to add in more water than the stated amount.
You should get a dough-y consistency that will not leave your hand wet, flour-y or stick to your hand when done.