How to revamp a pair of plain shoes into a pair of lacey ones!
At first, I didn't plan to make a how-to actually, so, I didn't really take a proper close-up pictures. I am so sorry for this!
Still, I hope this could inspire any of you who's been wanting to have a pair of shoes with laces. It's so simple!
Tips and Tricks:
1. I just simply used UHU glue, but I guess, hot glue gun would make it even more sturdier.
2. While waiting for it to dry, you can clip at the opening of your shoes with several clothespins, that'll make sure each fabric is adhered to your shoes properly.
- Ghost C. favorited Shoes Make Over. 23 Jan 18:52
- Florence B. favorited Shoes Make Over. 06 Sep 07:06
- RareJewel favorited Shoes Make Over. 08 May 23:26
- Emma H. favorited Shoes Make Over. 07 May 10:06
- Mona S. added Shoes Make Over. to Audrey Hepburn 23 Mar 20:12
- C T. added Shoes Make Over. to Shoes! x 26 Sep 11:01
- Meredith T. favorited Shoes Make Over. 29 Jun 03:05
- Moon favorited Shoes Make Over. 03 Jun 13:02
- Christine B. favorited Shoes Make Over. 29 Apr 09:14
- harley r. favorited Shoes Make Over. 01 Mar 17:41
Take out any accessories on your shoes.
Cut a rectangle of lace fabric that would properly cover each of your shoes.
Now, you have 2 big rectangles. Each rectangle, cut into half in the midline.
So, from 2 big rectangles, you have 4 small rectangles now.
For each shoe, you'll need two small rectangles.
Take one shoe, spread glue all over its left/right side, then take 1 small rectangle and carefully put it all over the glue.
There will be excess either at the bottom of your shoes or at the inside, you can either simply cut them out, or carefully glue them to the inside of your shoes.
Repeat Step 4 for the another side of that shoe. Then, do the same thing for the other shoe.
Let it dry for awhile. Then you're done!
If you wished to accessorise it more, it's up to you, be creative and, make sure to have fun!
You can make some simple ribbon roses and glue them on the front of your shoes (just like I did), or make a bow, or anything!