Simple shirt to breezy summer dress in no time!
Turn a basic shirt or thrift store score into a breezy summer dress with just a little fabric and a few simple stitches!
- Key West Witch favorited Shirt To Dress Diy 10 Sep 10:02
- Libby O. favorited Shirt To Dress Diy 21 Aug 22:34
- CraftyCat added Shirt To Dress Diy to Sewing 13 Jul 18:09
- CraftyCat favorited Shirt To Dress Diy 13 Jul 18:09
- Stesnyashka16 added Shirt To Dress Diy to To-make list 06 Jul 15:38
- meg B. favorited Shirt To Dress Diy 30 Jun 22:01
- Kay Bay favorited Shirt To Dress Diy 29 Jun 09:05
- Mark Montano published his project Shirt To Dress Diy 29 Jun 07:13
Cut across the shirt 1" below the waist
If your shirt has pleats or details, run a stitch along the cut
Attach two pieces of 30" long fabric together side by side
*Our fabric was 54" wide so we now have a piece that is 30" x 108"
Lengthen the stitch and loosen the tension on the machine
Run a stitch along the fabric about 1/2" from the edge
Pull the bobbin thread to gather the fabric
Measure the circumference of the shirt
Gather the fabric to this length and add 2"
Stitch the gathered fabric and the shirt together (right sides together)
Fold the extra one inch over the end of the shirt and stitch
*This will give you a finished edge
Press and then pin the zipper to the front of the dress face down starting at the collar
Watch the video tutorial here: