How to Make Resin Jewellery
You can create this brooch in one resin session. However, if you want to create layers of ‘floating’ glitter glass, create the bezel in two sessions. Simply fill the bezel halfway with resin and allow to cure, then sprinkle more glitter glass onto the cured surface and add more resin. This will give a dimensional effect. When adding watch parts, keep an eye out for air bubbles. If necessary, use a toothpick to pierce any bubbles that might occur around the inclusions.
- Michelle S. favorited Shine Brooch 18 May 02:50
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Shine Brooch 18 Jul 01:37
- Kimya J. favorited Shine Brooch 28 Apr 02:59
- RavenQuinzel added Shine Brooch to Ideas to try 12 Apr 17:47
- Emma H. favorited Shine Brooch 27 Mar 19:56
- Search Press published her project Shine Brooch 13 Mar 09:00
Punch a circle from patterned paper. Coat with sealer, then allow to dry and glue inside the bezel.
Glue the word to the patterned paper. Insert the brooch into a foam base. Arrange the watch parts as desired and sprinkle in glitter glass, using a cocktail stick to move elements.
Mix the resin, then use a stir stick to apply resin to the bezel. Use a cocktail stick to guide some of the glitter fragments evenly in the bezel. Allow to cure.