Half Shark, Half Octopus, 100% cute!
A friend of mine asked me if I could make a plush for his girlfriend. He's a fan of "bad" science fiction movies, and apparently had made her watch the SyFy's masterpiece Sharktopus. He wanted to reward her for being a good sport by having a cute plush version of the creature made.
I had never attempted anything like this before, and it involved drafting a pattern and trying to fit 8 legs nicely around the base of the shark. I had to come up with some new techniques for things, like using a stabilizer inside the dorsal fin to help make it rigid. Also, the tentacles aren't stuffed. Instead I used a cotton batting to plump them up a bit, but to keep them flat and flexible. Perfect for grabbing prey, or hugging unsuspecting girlfriends....
- qwwer w. favorited Sharktopus Plush 13 Mar 09:58
- Roughwaters44 favorited Sharktopus Plush 11 Aug 23:01
- Belle W. favorited Sharktopus Plush 02 Jul 14:29
- Sue W. favorited Sharktopus Plush 09 Feb 20:06
- katiegarcia commented on Sharktopus Plush 11 Nov 06:34
- technokitty favorited Sharktopus Plush 04 Jul 20:37
Suzannah E. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!