Keep your sewing patterns from getting out of control
Do you feel like you're drowning in a sea of sewing patterns? With the magic that is binder clear sheet protectors and a home copier, you can create a reference binder that's fun to peruse and keeps your sanity in check. Digitizing is also a good and potentially less cumbersome option, but I love my analog binder!
- Bianca added Sewing Pattern Organization to Sewing 30 Mar 01:17
- Bianca added Sewing Pattern Organization to Storage 30 Mar 01:16
- Bianca favorited Sewing Pattern Organization 27 Mar 03:09
- Ellen M. favorited Sewing Pattern Organization 16 Oct 16:19
- A Happy Stitch (Melissa Q.) favorited Sewing Pattern Organization 07 Feb 00:39
- Alissa B. favorited Sewing Pattern Organization 30 Jan 04:36
- Sanae I. published her project Sewing Pattern Organization 25 Jan 09:00
Copy the front and back of your commercial pattern envelope. insert in clear sheet protector so you can see the front and back easily. Place sheet in binder. I create separate sections for each pattern company alphabetically (e.g. Burda, Colette Patterns, New Look, Simplicity, Vogue, etc.) and organize the patterns numerically.
Store actual pattern envelopes in a storage container in corresponding alphanumeric order.