Easy to Learn Hand Embroidery
Useful and pretty, this cover will keep harmful dust off your machine and brighten up your sewing corner at the same time. The embroidered sewing motifs decorate a pocket that can be used to store patterns, supplies or the machine cord. Cute little cross stitches fill in the background on the pocket.
Size of your machine
Measuring Your Machine
Note: Be sure to include any knobs or other features that extend out from the machine body when measuring.
1. Measure the width of your machine from side to side at the widest point.
2. Measure the height from the bottom to the highest point.
3. Measure the depth from the front to the back at the widest point.
From green dot:
• Cut 1 (1 x 71/2-inch) pocket top border strip. • Cut 2 (1 x 9-inch) pocket side border strips. • Cut 1 (81/2 x 9-inch) pocket lining rectangle. • Cut 8 (41/2 x 3-inch) side tab rectangles.
• Cut 2 (11/2-inch-diameter) cover button circles.
From red dot:
• Cut 21/2 x 42-inch binding strips to equal the perimeter of your cover plus 10 inches when joined.
• Cut 2 (41/2-inch-diameter) yo-yo circles.
From multicolored print:
• Using the measurements taken for your machine, cut 2 [(machine width + 11/2 inches) x (height + height + depth)] rectangles.
From the batting:
• Cut 1 (81/2 x 9-inch) rectangle.
• Cut 1 rectangle the same size as the multicolored
- 111531_2F2015-10-16-111011-SewingMachineCover.jpg 62.4 KB [ Download ]
- Anne G. favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 06 Dec 07:06
- Ellen M. favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 16 Oct 16:09
- lsg1378 favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 02 Mar 03:11
- Sarah Y. favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 29 Feb 18:47
- Caron K. added Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover to Sewing Machine Covers 23 Dec 07:19
- Emma H. favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 07 Dec 18:08
- Carla B. favorited Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 07 Dec 02:39
- Annie's Publishing published her project Sew Tidy Sewing Machine Cover 04 Dec 09:00
You Will Need
Refer to Embroidery Necessities on page 2 for stitching tips and the Stitch Guide on page 6. Full- size embroidery design is included on the insert.
1. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of the white solid following the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the embroidery design centered on the right side using your preferred transfer method.
2. Stitch the embroidery design using 2 strands of embroidery floss as follows:
Dress Form: Base
Blades Screw head
Thread spools Thread
black stem/outline stitch blue stem/outline stitch
orange stem/outline stitch gray stem/outline stitch gray backstitch
red and green stem/
gray stem/outline stitch purple, light blue and green
black knot stitch
dark pink cross stitches
3. Complete pocket embroidery; press and trim to 71/2 x 81/2 inches with design centered.
Use 1/4-inch seam allowance and stitch right sides together unless otherwise indicated. Full-size templates are included on the insert.
Stitch the top pocket border strip to the embroi- dered pocket; press seam toward the border strip.
Stitch the pocket side border strips to opposite sides of embroidered pocket; press seams toward the borders.
Layer and pin the embroi- dered pocket and the pocket lining, right sides together, on the 81/2 x 9-inch batting rect- angle. Stitch sides and top, leaving bottom open. Trim batting close to seam and corners at an angle. Turn right side out; press. Baste bottom edges together 3/16 inch from the edge (Figure 1).
Layer and pin together a cover rectangle, right side down; batting and second cover rectangle, right side up. Baste 3/16 inch from all edges.
To make side tabs, use the tab end trimming template provided to round off one short end of each tab rectangle.
Prepare and attach binding to cover rectangles referring to Mitered Corner Binding.
Prepare yo-yo flowers using 41/2-inch-diameter circles.