Sew a tablecloth, napkins, and placemats
This great tablecloth, napkin, and placemat set is perfect for a picnic but it can pretty-up a kitchen table and also makes a great gift.
- dippydiscoball favorited Sew A Picnic Set 26 Oct 19:46
- Miss_Fit favorited Sew A Picnic Set 09 Jul 04:21
- Val t. favorited Sew A Picnic Set 31 Dec 18:27
- Meta H. added Sew A Picnic Set to sewing 28 Dec 18:38
- heather r. added Sew A Picnic Set to To-make list 16 Oct 19:18
- SugarNSpiceLily added Sew A Picnic Set to sewing 25 Aug 00:36
- SeamstressErin published her project Sew A Picnic Set 14 Jun 01:45
For the tablecloth, cut it into the largest square that you can cut. Fabrics differ in widths, usually ranging from 45″-60″, sometimes larger for upholstery fabrics. Measure the width of the fabric from selvedge to selvedge and then cut that length of the fabric. I like to cut square napkins at 15″ x 15″ and placemats at 19″ x13″.
To sew the tablecloth, placemat, or napkin, fold over every edge by 1/4″ and iron down. Then fold the folded edge over another time and iron down. Sew the edge down. Voila! It’s really that easy. The dimensions that you cut for each item are 1″ smaller in length and width than the finished dimensions because you lose 1/2″ of fabric on each edge to make these finished edges.