pj lounge shorts
Hey yall, I want to show yall something that I have been working on over the past week.They are a pair of lounge shorts that I self drafted from a ready made pair.
- laurie b. favorited Self Drafted Pj Shorts 20 Nov 07:24
- laurie b. added Self Drafted Pj Shorts to Shorts Ideas 22 Sep 00:55
- laurie b. added Self Drafted Pj Shorts to Lingerie--Bras&Panties 22 Sep 00:55
- Arienrhod1 favorited Self Drafted Pj Shorts 25 Dec 15:05
- Franchesca Angelou d. favorited Self Drafted Pj Shorts 29 Jul 17:14
- GothicYolita favorited Self Drafted Pj Shorts 28 Jul 04:13
- luisana v. favorited Self Drafted Pj Shorts 19 Jul 15:13
So first of I pinned a piece of paper and the shorts (folded in half) to my self healing mat and marked the corners and the line of the crotch. Then just connected the dots with my french curve ruler and added about 1.5" to all sides for the seam allowance. It honestly was a breeze maybe because of the simple lines but hey it worked. So after making and cutting out the pattern, I did the normal routine of ironing the fabric and laying it out to be cut.
But I don't know why I thought I could cut it on the fold (cutting a folded piece of fabric to make one pattern piece to be both sides) and in the middle of sewing the crotch i realized that i had to cut it into 2 pieces.So I cut both in half as shown in the last picture and continued to sew the crotch together after pressing the front and back seams. I normally do a double seam to make the seams a little bit more stable but when I put them on to test the seam strength the back seam popped some treads (even though they are very loose) so I decided to do a tight zigzag stitch for the crotch and front and back seams to make them more stable.