These things are great because you can put little messages on them, stamp them (with non-toxic ink) and give them away to someone and they can plant them in the ground and get flowers. How freaking cool is that?
I had a lot of trouble with picking just one Earth Day themed project that I want to share with you guys. I thought of roughly a million permutations of what this post would be before I just decided it would be best to keep it simple and make seed tags.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Seed Paper 19 Jul 01:49
- Alissa B. favorited Seed Paper 19 May 19:48
- Katy H. favorited Seed Paper 18 May 19:55
- Joann S. added Seed Paper to cards/paper crafts 16 May 14:44
- Penny F. added Seed Paper to Store ideas 27 Apr 09:32
- TheYearlingBlog published her project Seed Paper 24 Apr 16:55
Wet your paper completely and place your seeds between two sheets of your wet paper. If you have any paper mache style adhesive that might work too, so long as there aren't any chemicals in it. You can mix some flour and water and use that as a glue too, I didn't because I was going to plant this tag immediately
Then once it’s done stamp it with your personal message and give it away.
Make sure that you don’t leave your paper to dry in a place that’s too moist or warm, otherwise the seeds might begin to germinate and you don’t want that. Once your seed paper is dry you can cut it into any shape that you want, just be extra careful to avoid cutting through too many of the seeds. Then you can plant them just the same as you would regular seeds and watch your flowers grow.